? ??????????????Welcome (Vines)? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 3.7 (9 Ratings)??9 Grabs Today. 1747 Total Grabs.
??????Get the Code?? ?? ?????Beauty Dark? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 4.3 (72 Ratings)??9 Grabs Today. 14737 Total Grabs. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ????2?? ???????Blue Flower Shadow? ????? ?????? ???R CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS ?

Thursday, May 21, 2009

God spoke to me through bread

I know that sounds weird, lol. But He did, and here's how. Ever since Mother's day I have felt like I needed to improve certain area's in my motherly love department. I felt like I sometimes have a short fuse with the kids, I don't let them help me make dinner or snacks or anything. I am always telling them no, because I don't want to deal with the hassles or the mistakes they make. And I never want to take them to the store with me (by myself). Then at church on Mother's day the Pastor was reading from Proverbs 31 and it lists the virtures of a women. And I became really convicted. Most of those virtures does not describe me. I want my kids to remember their mother as "When she speaks, her words are wise, and she gives instructions with kindness." (Proverbs 31:26). I don't want them to always remember by yelling at them, not letting them help me, not going anywhere with me alone. I want to be the kind of mother God wants me to be and the last few weeks He has been showing me that I haven't been. Sure there are times when I am a good mother to my kids and they always have what they need. I do a lot for them, so I am not saying I am a horrible, no good, mother...I am just saying there are certain areas the Lord wants me to work on for the good of my children (and myself).

So anyway....I took Markie to the grocery store with me the other day and was letting her help me. I'd tell her what we needed and she would grab it from the shelf and put it in the cart for me. She was really enjoying our time together, I could tell. Then when we were checking out, we went to a self-checkout lane. So while I was scanning the food, Markie was at the other end bagging the food (we were a team, lol). Then I had to go up to the middle register to give the clerk a check since I had no cash on me. When I came back, Markie had put all the bags of groceries in the cart and I noticed she had the bread on the bottom of all the groceries. I pulled the bread out and it was flat as a pancake! I said "Oh no Markie! You put all the groceries on top of the bread and now it's flat" and Markie said "Oops! I'm sorry mama!" And I knew she was and as we were walking out to the car, I said to her "Thank you for helping me with the grocery shopping, even though you squished the bread" in a laughing tone and I said "This was fun!" and Markie laughed and agreed. Now normally I probably would of been upset that I just paid for 3 loaves of bread and Markie squished them, but like I said, God had been convicting me of how I react to things my kids do. So I focused on the positive thing that she was a great big help and I let her know it. So the next day I am doing my daily bible reading and I am reading in the book of John and Jesus is talking about how He is the bread and many will not eat of the bread He has to offer, but those who do eat of the bread He has to offer will live. And it seemed to me like He was going on and on and on about the bread. And it kept sticking out to me, but I didn't make the connection why. So after my bible study was done, I go into the kitchen to make me some breakfast (eggs and toast) and I go to see if any of the bread was salvageable and when I opened the cupboard, all the bread had risen back to normal! There was no sign of flatness at all! I couldn't believe it! I felt as though the Lord was telling me "Well done, good and faithful servant! Now here's your bread back!" LOL! So that is how the Lord spoke to me through bread. Doesn't seem so weird now, huh?!

1 comments:

C! said...

I LOVE your story - I can so relate. I only have Gordon and so often I find myself just doing everything myself instead of letting him do things because they will take too long or not be done right. I have felt just as convicted about not being the kind of mother I should be, or the kind that I want Gordon to remember someday. Thanks for sharing your story. It is a great reminder - I bet that grocery trip with Markie made quite an impression on her and a memory of what a special mom she's been blessed with - one who may not be perfect but who is always trying to be the kind of woman God finds pleasing - and that means everything! Blessings to you all - I hope you have a safe & fun Memorial Weekend!!